Do I need an appointment?
- We prefer you to make an appointment so we can accommodate the necessary time to render services do you. Since our appointment times are 15-30 minutes.
Is there any preparation or requirement for the appointment?
- There is no preparation for the appointment, but we only take appointments for mothers already under the care of a physician for their pregnancy.
Is Ultrasound safe?
- There are no harmful side effects to you and your baby. In addition, ultrasound does not use radiation as X-ray tests do.
What is the difference between 2D, 3D, 4D, and HDlive?
- 2D ultrasound is the traditional method used for years. They provide flatter, two-dimensional, black and white images of your baby. 3D ultrasound is an advanced method which captures a true, three-dimensional image of your baby, often allowing the ability to see specific facial features and well-defined formation. 4D ultrasound is an actual moving three-dimensional image of your baby in utero. Actions such as yawning, turning and even subtle movements can be seen. There have even been cases where expectant parents watched as their child sucked their thumb and peacefully slept! HDlive is a new advancement of ultrasound brought to you by GE, the leading company in medical equipment. Through the use of an advanced illumination model, HDlive supports a moveable virtual light source and advanced skin rendering techniques.
How far along in my pregnancy do I need to be in order to get scanned?
- This depends on what services you’re thinking of getting? For a heartbeat package, we require for you to be at least 8 weeks. For gender determination, we require you to be as least 14 weeks; though the farther you are along in the pregnancy the more accurate the gender determination will be due to a more developmental stage. Our premium packages require you to be at least 20 weeks along. Due note that the best quality scans are between 26-36 weeks.
Week 8-Up Heartbeat can be scheduled with Bows-R-Bowties
Week 14-Up Gender Determination can be determine with high percentage
Week 20-26 Good viewing
Week 25-35 Best viewing
Week 35-UP Good viewing (depending on water level and baby's position)
Moms can increase the chance of a good scan by drinking lots of water. We recommend moms to drink at least 10 bottles of water a day. That is a little more than one gallon a day.
Can I bring my family and friends?
- We encourage you to bring family and friends to share this memorable occasion. Space limited.